Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 3 Fantasy Update With Ricky Williams

We had the chance to sit down with Ricky Williams in what will be a weekly fantasy segment. Below is Ricky’s take on who he thinks is the best guy to grab, who you should already have on your team, and who might help you down the line who is still a free agent.

 

Ricky Williams: It is disappointing to start the season with two straight losses. Every one on the team understands that we have a good team and our expectations are still set high and aimed at the playoffs. The Monday Night Game is definitely one of the strangest games I have ever been in. We felt like we were in control the whole game, but in the NFL, you have to put a team away when you have the chance. Peyton Manning is a future Hall of Fame quarterback and proved it in the game.  It is a big week for the Dolphins and practice will be intense. We need a win.

 

Playoff Bound Sports: Ricky, who is your fantasy stud for this week, that fans should consider trying to get at all costs?



 RW: After seeing what Peyton Manning did this week live and in person, how can you doubt his ability to lead the Colts. It looks like New Orleans offense is on all cylinders with Drew Breesthrowing the ball all over the field. He is definitely going to have a huge year. As far asrunning backs are concerned, my teammate, Ronnie Brown, is the real deal and Adrian Peterson is a no brainer.

PBS: Who is your fantasy sleeper?

RW: I am not sure how high Ted Ginn, Jr. went in fantasy drafts, but I see him getting better every week and his speed is dangerous for defenses. I liked what I saw in Donald Brown from the Colts; he must have led the nation in rushing for a reason last season for UConn.

PBS: Who on the Dolphins should fantasy players take in to consideration picking up?

RW: I think our running game is getting better and better so that benefits Ronnie and I. And I already mentioned, Ted Ginn, Jr..

PBS: How is your fantasy team turning out so far?

RW: I have my son and a few of his friends looking after my team. We are in the middle of the pack but we are hoping for a big week.

PBS: Do you have any fantasy goals this week for your game that you want to accomplish?

RW: I am looking for Drew Brees to keep up his hot hand and Ronnie and I will keep the running game going. I am planning to draft a weekly team on Thursday through ourwww.fantasy4charity.com site. Once I get my roster set, we plan on lighten up the scoreboard. Come on Dolphin fans, draft a team this week and help us support military families.

No comments:

Post a Comment